Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Volunteers Please!

I've been having a play creating a website using Joomla - not something I have a huge amount of experience with. I promised Ween I would make a small site for our wedding with a gift list on it, photos and such like. I figured if I was doing something for us, I may as well do something other folk can use too.

This is as far as I've got. Ignore the latin, it's just filler text until I think of something witty to put on the front page, and the design I intend to start from scratch rather than using a template - however if anyone out there would be so kind as to sign in and offer any criticisms or feedback, it would be greatly appreciated. I will reward you by blogging a bit more often.

Username: demo
Password: demo123

The ultimate goal is that users will have a direct link to their profile (e.g. http://www.unione.co.uk/sarahandpete) but I haven't quite got that working yet. Also you'll note I haven't actually added the gift list yet either... shh! Don't tell Ween!

6 comments:

omally said...

Seems OK to me, mateyskip.

Lord Hutton said...

How sweet. A Pedant writes "May I point out that Romans didn't have punctuation like commas or full stops. Nor the letter"u"".

Kourosism said...

LH: It's just filler!

OM: Thank you, but I'm just pleased that you didn't replace the profile picture for the demo account to an image of your bum.

omally said...

K, shurely you know better than to give me ideas like that?

I bet you hastily check the profile as soon as you read this...
Can you remember how many arses I have left? Did I publish 5 or 6? You have to ask yourself 'do I feel lucky?'. Well, do ya punk?

;-)

Kourosism said...

I'm just glad that I haven't told our families to check the site yet...

omally said...

Yes, that's probably a good idea... *ahem*

:D