Thursday, November 22, 2007

Aaargh.

Maybe it's just because I see more of them more often, and maybe it's just me, but are there more kids with quite heinous attitude problems these days?

Case in point, while walking through the library Kid A calls out to Kid B on the other side of the floor his salutations and starts a conversation. I ask him to keep the noise down. He tells me it's OK as he was leaving anyway.

He does leave, the conversation getting gradually louder as the two conversants move further and further apart.

*shakes head in despair at the state of the future*

*realises is getting prematurely old*

8 comments:

Lord Hutton said...

Not old. Kids (a few kids) are oiks.

Anonymous said...

Kids have always been like that. Getting old makes you less tolerant of it.

In my last house, I once pulled up the floorboards and found a copy of the Guardian from 1955 (Manchester Guardian in fact). The news was exactly the same... kids have no respect, politicians having affairs... that sort of thing. It was a real insight.

Unknown said...

Yes but in 1955 politicians having affairs had to keep one foot on the ground at all times.

PeterBancroft said...

The mental image of a copulating Gordon Brown with both feet in the air has just put me off my dinner. Thanks, Rich.

Max said...

Send them down the coal mines

Phil said...

Less and less respect for others is the problem!
People do annoy me all the time doing stuff like that - I have to continually bite my tongue as not to say anything :[]

Unknown said...

I'm not sure this is going to work, as I have long since forgotten my Blogger password. Grandfathers have been saying, since they were in the trees, that the new generation was taking them to hell. We may be the first generation of grandfathers to be correct. ;o) Seriously, these things, like all things, cycle. I was raised by a son of the Great Depression, to value work and to take care of both people and things. Therefore, my outlook is much different that that of the young people of today, my of whom have been raised in an easy life, even if they do not know it. It will swing back the other way, probably during yet another Great Depression.

Kermit

Kouros - Thanks for the comment ar Geek from Kansas. I appreciate it.

Unknown said...

Kouros -

This post, and my comment here on it, led to a new post on my blog. Your name is in it! ;o)

http://www.kansascurmudgeon.com/?p=116

Kermit