Saturday, May 05, 2007

A Grand Day Out.

Today has mostly been spent at Houghton Lodge - that sort of open garden where everything is done on an honesty basis, even tea and cakes. You go in, do what you want, and then leave the money behind for it.

I like that. There's far too little of it... I nearly said far too little nowadays, but that's naive and rose tinted. Any injection of such a mindset is a welcome change.

If you get the chance to go there, do. Don't expect Lost Gardens of Heligan, but it's nice. And they have Alpacas, which is always a bonus.

I'm also trying to find out a little more about my composting query from the other day... hopefully the truth is out there.

3 comments:

Phil said...

Looks nice and I love the honesty stuff too.
Over Easter I visited Hampton Court which was nice to go round the maze etc :]

Kourosism said...

Oh, Hampton Court is great!

Lord Hutton said...

I used to live a mile and a half from Hampton Court.
Alpacas? Do you mean Pushmepullyous? I have a genuine, made and bought in Bolivia, Evo Morales style, Alpaca wool jumper