Thursday, July 07, 2005

Half Empty.

An open letter to those who wish to make us afraid:

I do not know who you are. I don't know if you are a member of AlQaeda, the IRA, or someone with a thorough hatred of the G8. I do not know if you are white, black, Christian or Jew. I do not know if you even speak English.

I do not know your aims, I do not know your desires, I do not know why you slaughtered innocent people. I do not know why you wish for us to fear you.

I do know that you will fail.

I do know that people will not forget what has happened, they will not forget what you did. Those caught up in todays events will take to their graves the memories of what you did. But they will not fear you.

Today, London stands still. But tomorrow the trains will still run. The buses will still roll. The planes will still fly.

And we will not fear you.

No comments: