Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Half Full.

Henners gets his negative whinge, so I get to play the other side (yes, I know Mermers beat us both, but sod it, I'm on a roll).

Frankly, I couldn't give a shit whether we won or lost the Olympics. I really couldn't care less. The odd thing is I should, because much of my job relies upon the tourist market.

But I can't help but feel that for the next seven years the media is going to be full of how the Olympic effort is going to pot. And once it's on, it'll be full of one "scandal" after another.

I'm fed up with them.

Things aren't that bad. OK, they're not perfect, but they're not that bad.

In seven years we're going to have our media looking upon the events ready to pounce upon every mistake, every mishap. Even if everything goes smoothly, they'll be something to highlight.

The Sun will call it the biggest shame we've ever endured. The Mirror will call it our greatest pride.

Everyone else will just call it the Olympics.

1 comment:

Pookledo said...

I'm just scared that they'll mess up Loughborough with all the training at the university :(