Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Gankers.

No, it's not a rude swear, but it should be.

Ganking comes from "gang killing" and usually refers to when you are ambushed in an online game by a large group (say five on one) or are attacked by someone of a much higher level. There's nothing really wrong with it, it's just annoying.

Today I played victim.

Happily levelling up my character, when *whack* hit from behind by a dwarf. Annoying, but as above - it happens. That's PvP for you. Fortunately Warcraft isn't real life, so I can resurrect myself by running my ghost from the graveyard to where my body fell. Quite handy that.

So I run back. The dwarf is still there, and now he has a friend, both around level 35 (I'm currently on level 24). They are dancing - dancing - around my lifeless body. I decide to sit it out and wait until they move on, which they do.

But no sooner have I resurrected, than (you guessed it) *whack* down I go again.

Like I said. Gankers.

No comments: