Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sick.

I really am a worrier. I'd love to be more like Tucker Max (except maybe less of an asshole), but I'm not: I worry about things. A lot.

After the auction yesterday I worried plenty about it. I couldn't afford it. I contacted the seller and asked to pull, compensating him for relisting, and a little extra for wasted time. I didn't get a reply.

This all happened yesterday, and my worrisome story continued... in fact, just read the whole Sequential Art strip to get the general gist of what happened, but imagine less nekkidness, that there's no mad squirrel involved and remember that I'm not a penguin called Pip.

The other side of the tale is that I woke at four this morning. Part of that was down to drinking too much last night, and part of that was down to worrying about the car. I moped around the house all day, until I found out from eBay that the auction had been "mutually" closed. Which means he gets his listing fees back, and I get my first negative feedback. I don't care about the latter.

I've emailed the seller again, and asked to give him a little bit for wasted time anyway. So maybe I should be happy I'm not like Tucker Max, except for the heavy drinking.*

I still feel like an asshole, and I still want a Mini. Maybe I'll save up for one first this time.

*EDIT: Yes, I know he would drink me under the table. I'm a small guy. Yes I remember Alton Towers. Shut up.

1 comment:

NigelH said...

You remember Alton Towers? Wow!