Thursday, March 09, 2006

Roadworks.

Dgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgggrggrggggg.

"Oh, no. Not again."

Dgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgggrggrggggg.

"I'll go out and have a word."

"No, don't worry. I'll go."

Dgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgggrggrggggg. Dgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgggrggrggggg. Dgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgggrggrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

"Excuse me mate? How long is this going to go on for?"

"About an hour maybe."

"But it's 9'o'clock - some of us have to be up early tomorrow."

"Yeah. Sorry."

"You were here this morning too - why didn't you finish it then?"

"Dunno. Wasn't me."

"And a few weeks ago. That went on into the night too."

"Wasn't me."

"You'll be finished in the hour?"

"Yeah."

Dgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgggrggrggggg.

Dgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgggrggrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Given that the average British workman would have buggered off at 5 pm sharp (after consuming numerous cups of tea in his stripey plastic hut instead of actually doing any work) you are left with only one conclusion: Aliens.
Could be the journalistic scoop of the century, y'know. I expect they're trying to locate a long-buried alienesque secret treasure hoard or summink.

Kourosism said...

No, this workman was drinking tea as well, and long past the hour deadline. I think that rules out the alien possibility, unless it was Doctor Who. I seem to recall him drinking tea.