Monday, December 18, 2006

Lies, Damned Lies and Children's Stories.

I really should learn not to give myself deadlines, shouldn't I?

OK, so Timber isn't here yet to share with y'all, so have a quick blog about my day instead. I haven't been out on my bike in a while, so figured it was about time to get some practice in.

I figured it would be nice to find a route to work, and at least do part of that journey to see how it goes. The rough course can be found here. Those of you who know where I live and work will realise there is a bit missing of the start, and a sizeable bit from the end. The route takes me about midway to work (Stockbridge) and there is about two miles missing from the start, so the route I did today was seven miles.

It took me an hour and a half. That's not very good, is it?

It was as muddy as sin, and a hard slog the whole way. Damned nice scenery to look at though, and much more entertaining that a normal drive. I just wish I didn't get a puncture on the way back. Bah!

A three hour commute, assuming that I am correct in saying that it is midway in traveling time, really isn't a very good idea. Maybe I'll have to find another way, and one that isn't so muddy in winter. Good fun though!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a shame XYZ publishing isn't in the yellow pages, seeing as we now know it's in Stockbridge: I was going to make a nuisance phone call about 'why o why o why do you guys not make pasties?'.
Just to brighten your day, of course. :p

Kourosism said...

It's not in Stockbridge - Stockbridge is midwayish. Although as you know the area, it wouldn't take too much to figure out. To give the game away, it's near Twinings.

Phil said...

It looks good. I do quite a bit of cycling and followed many tracks and the only critisism are the maps not being to scale or showing enough detail instead, so it's easy to get lost or miss a path. :]