Friday, October 05, 2007

Pain.

A few weeks back, I decided it would be a good idea to join a gym.

Actually, that's a lie. David, whom I managed to convince to work with me for a few weeks, convinced me to join a gym. He is my "partner" and we get a little discount.

I have only completed my Cardio induction so far, but weights will follow next week. My current workout is as follows:-

15km bike
2000m rower
10minutes cross trainer set to intervals.

While the cross trainer and rower were fine (about 10 minutes to complete the rower, and obviously another 10 minutes for the cross trainer) the bike surprised me - it was a killer. The way I have been riding must have been very laid back, or incorporated a lot of down hills. I assumed I could fit 15k into 45 minutes easily - my trainer wanted it closer to 30.

I barely pushed it into 45 (41 minutes today... but it was 47 on Wednesday).

Gyms are evil.

8 comments:

Lord Hutton said...

Geocaching and sex. That's all you need

omally said...

Jogging... I mean _strolling_ to the offy is a good one, too.

omally said...

Well, sauntering, really.

Anonymous said...

Ooh... I'll go for 15k tomorrow and let you know my time. I have no idea right now how long that might take.

Kourosism said...

Are you on your unicycle?

Unknown said...

It should take half as long on a unicycle because you have half the wheels.

Anonymous said...

I assumed you meant an exercise bike in the gym which is how I'll be doing it.

They haven't allowed me to take a unicycle on the treadmill yet (not that I've asked)... and I still can't work out if it would work or not.

Anonymous said...

Erm... 24m25s which surprises me. That's an average of 23 mph... do we think that's likely, or is the exercise bike broken?

I'll try next time on a different bike and see what happens.