Monday, April 10, 2006

Kouros Kourosism's Day Off.

What's that? How was my day, you ask?

I tend to waste random days off, usually sat in front of the computer reading some rubbish I would be better off not knowing, or worse still aimlessly wandering around the house looking for something to do. As much as I waste them they are bliss in that I am not in the office doing what I normally do.

*ponders the job*

Where was I? Oh yes... so today was a random day off - there was no particular need for it, I just felt like having one, and by having one I have the benefit that I only have a three day week to go back to. Lovely.

And even better... I didn't waste my day! After a slow start, I eventually caught up with an old friend and we went down the pub for some lunch, then took his two (massive) dogs out for a long walk. They're as big as me* and there are two of them, so they did most of the walking and we tried our best to keep them under control. I should probably explain that his family own a stupidly large house with a stupid garden attached... with a field attached to that. The dogs don't get a walk everyday but rather spend their life chasing rabbits and such like. They get more excercise than your average Labrador and so are quite strong as well as big.

While out walking we chatted a lot about both our plans, and him having just finished (or rather finishing) his degree he blinded me with science and then talked me out of doing something rather silly. I always appreciate him for his honesty and ability to prevent me from getting out of my depth.

That, and I appreciate his fondness of vampire ducks, but that's another story.

Now I am home, and about to start tea... the sun is shining, I have had a nice walk, the house is airing out and I feel... content.

So yes, it's been a great day, thank you.


* No, they weren't Scottish Terriers

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds just dandy, sir. Glad you enjoyed it and appreciate time out of the office; it *does* drive you raving mad sometimes, doesn't it?

Jeangenie said...

Vampire ducks? "Blood". "I'll get it"

NigelH said...

It's not often a king calls you "sir", is it? Icing on the cake, I call it!