Saturday, January 06, 2007

Tax needn't be taxing...

...but it bloody is, isn't it?

I've been trying to find a way of calculating my overall tax expenditure for a twelve month period. It's unsurprisingly quite difficult to pin this down, and so far I've managed to find the following resources... I have probably missed something, let me know if I have. Hopefully someone else out there will find these useful too.

These are from Thisismoney.co.uk

Petrol Tax Calculator

Vice Calculator (ouch)

VAT Calculator

And then the council tax bands. Income tax, well, that's pretty easy (ahem, has a quick shifty look at latest paycheck) and NI too. Now let's tot all that up... oh dear. That's rather a lot, isn't it?

2 comments:

Phil said...

It chuffin' is yeah!!! :[]

Anonymous said...

I have to do this for the first time this year.

I'm lost!