Monday, January 31, 2005

Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)

Since the oddness of the previous webcam has hit the national headlines, I think it's only proper and right to share some of the interesting messages I've been receiving as of late.

It all started quite sensibly, with the following profound statement from Shep in Phoenix:-

nice cam. very natural. you've got some great face features.

Which is, I have no doubt you'll agree quite an accurate and honest appraisal. The next message, by somebody called "Mort" (now there's a made up name if I ever heard one) is just too disgusting to share with the general public, but immediately following on from that, things take something of a Jacksonian twist...

You are a very handsome boy. Hope to chat or correspond with you real soon. Please email me when you read this. Thanks

I know I look young on the cam, so when they say boy, I think they really mean it, but such weirdos are few and far between, right? Well, so I thought until I opened my emails this morning.

Hi nice man if you want I am in icq and i would chat with a nice boy in chat... J

Hm. Quite.

After receiving an ICQ message from "simonevolpe" (dunno where the J came from) I decided it would be best to let him down gently. I'm not that kind of boy, after all.

Unfortunately he wouldn't take no for an answer, and kept insisting that I was a "pretty boy" and that he wanted to be my "friend".

You'll note that veggiecam has been removed from that server and now points outside, of course.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Were you a ever Choir-boy?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.