Sunday, January 09, 2005

VeggieCam.




I'm making huge leaps and bounds towards getting VeggieCam up and running.

By leaps and bounds, I mean I went to PC World and bought a webcam. It's online, and is currently only pointed at one vegetable. There may be more in the future. If you would like to see it, clicky on the linky above the “Get Firefox” and “Thunderbird” links. You can click on those too, if you want.

However, I'm hitting a few stumbling blocks with Stu's request - while the webcam software I am using at the moment does seem to record images, and as such I could manually grab the midday image each day, it seems like a lot of work. Anyone with more intelligence than a potato know how I might be able to beat this little trifle of an issue?

In other news, prompted by Andy the Bear, I played around with installing Linux on the LappyToppy today. First off was Gnoppix, based on the assumption that it couldn't do any permanent damage - it didn't, but then it didn't work either. Neither would it on my desktop.

Then came Ubuntu, which I have already fallen in love with despite the fact I've not used it - I can get to the installation procedure on the desktop, but no joy on the Laptop - it seems the BIOS refuses to let me startup from an external device. Either that or the drive is being temperamental about reading CD-R discs. Hey-ho - another day I'll get there.
Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Maris said...

"Anyone with more intelligence than a potato"

Ahem