Thursday, March 31, 2005

Terri.

Earlier today I heard the same news as Merman suggested on ScottJ's comments. I was sad, but having said that I honestly don't know how I *should* feel. Sadness is such an expected emotion at times like this, along with condolence.

Did Terri deserve to live? Absolutely - she lived to begin with. But her body had already started to shut down, refusing to swallow food to aid her survival. Fifty, Forty, Thirty and perhaps even Twenty years ago there wouldn't have been much we could have done to help her - she would have withered away.

Did Terri deserve to die? In the frame of my own question, absolutely not, but left outside of medical science she would have done (and so would many people, including myself). I think a better question would be to ask did Terri deserve to die the way she did?

Absolutely not.

No comments: