Thursday, May 18, 2006

Dreams.

For the last few years I've been thinking about taking some time out, and cycling around the country - as near as I can to the coast without being stupid, that is. It's just a fanciful daydream I use to pass the time while I drive to work really. In reality there are a number of things stopping me.

  • Backup - someone would need to travel with me, ideally following by car, or going ahead to book accomodation and to be there for accidents etc.
  • Time - getting that amount of time off work would not be easy
  • Money - Bills still need to be paid, and equipment would need to be purchased, especially a fairly serious upgrade to the bike(s)
So in my heart of hearts, I know it's never going to happen, but I can dream. I like to drive to work thinking of the day I win the lottery (though I never play) where I can buy myself all the bits and pieces I would need, a Defender for my backup team(!) to follow me in, and just enjoy the experience.

What do you dream about? Will you achieve it?

EDIT: Whoops. Comments enabled again now. Sorry!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a pump I could let you have cheap. Er, I mean for free. You could still achieve your dream, just get a bike with an engine. If I can do it, so
can you. There's a great B + B in Carlisle, by the way. If I ever remember its name, I'll let you know. And take midgey repellant for when you get to Scotland.

I'm working toward my dream at the moment, to whit: studying hard to better myself. I will achieve it, as I really do want to change what I do for a living. I'd be bored to hell if I won the lottery, so I don't play either. I guess my aversion to money accounts for my general skintitude, but that doesn't
matter :)

Anonymous said...

That was me ^^

Anonymous said...

Woss going on?