Friday, May 19, 2006

Teh Fear Reviewed.

Tomorrow we fly, and I still don't want to.

I've read Flying Without Fear - it's a great book, it really is, and it did solve many of my nagging issues... but I still don't really want to fly. I've tried taking my mind off the problem, and to an extent that worked. I didn't finish writing the story of HMS Pickle, but maybe I will when I get back... or is that tempting fate?

In twentyfiveandahalf hours time, we take off, and in twentyeightandahalf hours time we should land safely in Catania. If you hear of any nasty flight-based incidents in that timeframe, and it just happens to be mine, Simon's mum can have the cats. Omally, you can keep the pump. Lois, the lycra is in the top drawer next to the bed. Stu, don't forget to walk the dog. el10t, if you don't mind just leaving my post in the porch, that will be fine. Everyone else can fight over the collection of, ahem, "glossy" mags.

But most importantly, see you all next week!

8 comments:

Phil said...

Hi, I popped in from SimonG.
Wow! I 'had' a fear of flying and have got this book too! I highly recommend the Allen Carr one as well.

I used to get so wound up over flying, but now I love it.
I actually feel daft about the things I used to beleive, feel and do.
I would be a liar if I said I wasn't slightly apprehensive before a flight, but I 99.9% enjoy them now.

Enjoy the flight and it's part of the trip to be enjoyed, not endured.

If you ever want to drop me an e-mail, please do so from my profile or read this:
http://doggasblog.blogspot.com/2006/03/fear-of-flying.html

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Lycra! No, hang on, just come back!

Kourosism said...

Hi Dogga - maybe I should have owned up earlier. It was your blog that encouraged me to buy the book!

Anonymous said...

I'm not frightened of flying, it's crashing that scares the shit out of me!

Unknown said...

Just how glossy are these mags?
And Lois will only take the lycra if there's some gussetry reinforcement.

Pookledo said...

You can do it! :o)

Kourosism said...

Turbulence I don't mind, LH. I know what that is, and how it works.

It's the chap in the third row from the front with a boxcutter that scares me.

Phil said...

Hehehe, cool! Hope it helped as much as it did for me!
Try Allen Carr's book too... :)