Friday, February 02, 2007

Bonus!

At crappy job I was due a bonus this month just for sticking it out (as much as I hate them, they do pay well, which is part of the reason I stick around). This was to be paid by the old owner.

I was also due another bonus later in the year, if made redundant by that time.

Imagine my surprise when I open up my payslip to find I've been paid for both! Hurrah! Sadly, this does also mean my Student Loan payment also increased this month (by £233...ouch!) which I hope won't have a knock on effect over the following few months, but we'll see.

So I'm slightly happier today. At least I have a bit of a buffer if I don't have any work to go to soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

IMHO, bonuses should always be paid in cash.
Let's just hope they check each month what your actual income is. It might be worth telling them of course

Kourosism said...

Yes, bonuses should be paid in cash. I actually don;t mind the tax thing, as it's tax, and well I disagree with the idea of people who avoid paying it. However, I do disagree with the idea of debts taken directly from the paycheque... but what can you do? It's a debt at the end of the day, and it does pay it off slightly quicker.

Phil said...

How much of increase? Ouchy indeedy