Friday, February 09, 2007

Bugger.

Today I had the meeting. You know the one. It's when the new owner of the company comes down to introduce himself, meet everyone, and have a chat about roles in the company, and to make you redundant.

Like Paul said a few weeks ago, I'm technically "at risk" but we all know what that means, especially since no one else is.

So maybe this will make me get off my lazy ass and get a better job. Maybe not. Either way, it's come as a surprise, and yet not - truth be told, I'm surprised it didn't happen months ago... though logically I can see why they wouldn't want to do that for the transition period either.

I want to keep typing to let it all off my chest, but really just one word sums it up...






Fuck.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not as frightening as it first seems. Good luck K.

Anonymous said...

Life DOES go on, K. Make sure you are open with bank, Building Soc etc. Something good will be coming along right now.
When I got made redundant, the payment at least gave me a cushion of a few months to find something else. At least you havent got children to worry about.
Plan something positive.
Good luck

Maris said...

At the risk of spouting trite cheesy crap I will say this... I've been made redundant twice and both times I ended up better off for it. You hate that job. How bad can it be?

As Hutters says... Look Up!

Maris x

PS Oy! Kouros! Smashing New Start! Now!

Unknown said...

Rock on, fella: bold changes are well worth it when you look back after a while. You'll feel so much better in a short while. :)

Phil said...

Ooh, not good, but most people in end much happier with a forced change :]

Kourosism said...

Thanks for all the support guys, much appreciated. And DoGGa - you're right. I probably would have stuck it out far too long here, so in a way I'm glad I was pushed.