Monday, April 16, 2007

First (proper) day.

Boy, that went fast. Now I'm starting to get a feel for who will be the pesty students, and I'll have to keep an eye on, and also a feel for asserting myself to make them keep quiet ("But... you can't tell us off... you're a student, aren't you?") and the silly librarian questions from last week quickly dissolved into nothingness when they realised that no, I'm not a moron, and yes, I am aware that if someone owes a gazillion pounds in overdue fees they're not allowed to borrow any more books.

Kinda makes you wonder who they employed before, really.

Highlights of the day: erm, dunno if there was one really, it all kinda went too quick for that. I had intended to get back in time for a ride, but that didn't happen. I really should have Monday as a rest day anyway, so I'll chalk it up to that... ignoring the fact that everyday has been a rest day.

4 comments:

Lord Hutton said...

No need to panic then;-)

Unknown said...

See? _See_?! You'e a SuperLibrarian! Just don't go to work with your pants outside your trowsis. :)

Kourosism said...

Pants not outside of trousers you say? I knew I'd gone wrong somewhere when I got funny looks. Not from the girls, I always get funny looks from girls. Odd that.

Phil said...

Time for knitted jumpers me thinks :0)