Thursday, April 05, 2007

Freedom.

Just a few days left of non-employed freedom and I have to start working again. I give myself three days before I hate it. Sadly, rather than enjoying the luvverly weather I'm wrapped up in a dressing gown, and about to run a bath for myself because I feel like shit.

Part of the reason is the shop across the road had a break-in last night (nice neighborhood, this) and the alarm, and ensuing kerfuffle meant I got very little sleep. That's kinda irrelevant, however, as I wasn't asleep beforehand either. I believe the appropriate term is "the squits."

Whether this is due to having eaten something I shouldn't, I don't know. What I do know is that I am remarkably nervous about starting on Tuesday. I don't know what is expected of me, or really what to do at all. I haven't even started there, and I'm feeling like the Imposter again.

Bah. It was all good while it lasted.

7 comments:

Paul said...

You and me both Peter: I haven't got the thin shits yet, but I've got a bit longer to go before I start - I DO have the nerves though!

Take care - you know you can do it

P

Max said...

Sorry to hear about the "pebble dash" get better soon

Kourosism said...

I've decided it's definitely down to nerves. I do get myself in a state sometimes. With four more days to go, I am going to concentrate on having a nice time, and maybe what Paul says is true... maybe I can do it.

Unknown said...

*slap*

Of course you can do it! They chose _you_ out of a large number of people. That's not coincidence or anything.
Now pack it in and stop shitting yourself empty.

:)

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. And besides, you are not the imposter. That's me;-)

Kourosism said...

If everyone can have the same black dog (how many eyes has that thing got, anyway?) looking over their shoulder, there can be more than one imposter. I do feel much better today, so I reckon it was something I ate. Me and my self-confidence, tchoh.

Phil said...

Ooh, I get the green apple splatters all the time :`[