Monday, March 05, 2007

Day Off.

After the redundancy, I decided that I would let my hair down, what little I have of it, for a week. This being this week. I have an interview lined up for a job I don't want on Thursday, which will be good practice, and one for a job I do want on Monday. Other than that, and a few more applications, this week is mine.

So, Monday.

Got up about 7:30ish. Pottered around the house, and had a cup of tea.

9:30 Got ready to cycle into town. Found bag, gloves, shorts, hat, and keys. Couldn't find pump. Damn you Omally. Checked shed for pump. Checked cupboards for pump. Checked bedroom for pump. Checked kitchen for pump.

9:45 Checked shed again for pump. Found pump. Pumped up tyres, and headed for town.

10:00 Arrived in town, locked bike, and headed to new Cafe for a hot chocolate and a blueberry muffin. It was very nice. Read a bit of Lee Child's Killing Floor. It's a bit of a pot-boiler, but good enough fun.

10:30 Headed to the surgery and placed a repeat prescription request. Started to cyle up the biiiiig hill towards Salisbury.

10:45 Realised the hill is too big, and took a detour.

10:50 Found an alternative biiiig hill while on the detour. Grumbled, and carried on anyway.

11:15 Got to top of hill. Yay me. Decided to ride down the hill back the way I came. It was more fun than the way up.

11:25 Back in town. Bought a sausage roll. Et it.

12:00 Went back home, went shopping.

13:00 Finished shopping. Pottered for a bit.

14:45 Went to get my hair cut.

15:30 Returned from getting my hair cut.


I take all of the above as conclusive proof that my life is pretty damn dull, and that I am unfit. Tune in tomorrow for the next installment of Kourosism's Modern Life, wherein I go to see my best friend Heffer.

6 comments:

omally said...

Hehehehehe! Hahahahahaha!

*ahem*

Max said...

Huh! I did not get to claim any dole money. After 10 years I thought I'd earnt some.
Instead I was offered a job, so was unemplyed for 6 days. I even sat through the 45 min phone call you have these days, as they don't want your germs at their offices.

Kourosism said...

I've not been able to claim any dole either - not because I have been given a job, mind you. But because I have not yet been given my P45.

NigelH said...

Just like E L Wisty - didn't even go to the lavatory.

Kourosism said...

I can give you details of my toilet breaks if you like, Lois. But alas, I didn't think to take pictures.

Phil said...

This could become a hit series! :]