Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Money money money.

So, Gordon Brown (texture like sun) has lowered the base rate of tax from 22% to 20%. That's pretty impressive, I'm sure we all agree.

But what seems to have been sidestepped is that he is also abolishing the 10p tax rate on the first £2150 above the personal allowance - it will be a 20% rate across the board. Simpler, anyway, but this will mean that not everyone will make the grand savings that Flash seemed to imply. For me, at least, I will be saving about £40.

I'll put it towards my council tax increases.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surely it's Cash Gordon?

Phil said...

Mmm, yup, but it's only decreasing one thing, as you say, you'll pay extra on your council tax now :[]

Lisa & Adam said...

I'm glad it's not just me that thinks of that song whenever I hear our esteemed chancellor's name.

Never a frown, with Gordon Brown. Not.

Max said...

I did not think of that before Ha Ha Ha!

Kourosism said...

I have Johnny Vaughn to blame for that. When he presented Big Breakfast he used to sing it every time Gordon Brown's name was mentioned. Now every time I hear it, I have to sing that song.

Bastard.