Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Dirty.

So I've bit the bullet, and am writing this from the confines of Windows Vista... and I hate to say it, these being first impressions only, but I rather like it.

I bought myself a new laptop today, partly for work reasons, and partly because my old one hasn't worked for many months meaning I've been stuck in the Study whenever I wanted to use the computer, which is pretty much all day. So giving myself a budget of £500, I went out and bought a new lappy, came home with some change, the new shiny, and Windows Vista Home Premium pre-installed.

D'yoo'no wot? It looks pretty nifty. I can't really see anything frontend which would justify the cost of it, but on the whole, I do quite like it. Albeit it in a "you bastard Ubuntu, keep up!" kind of way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was complaints about transferring old stuff I heard vista was bad.

Phil said...

I'm leaving it at least 6 months before I go Vista to let it settle :]