Monday, March 12, 2007

Well, fuck me.

(I have said before that I swear, haven't I? Well, I do.)

Anyways... today was the day of the big interview, and I wasn't as nervous as I have been for some, but not as laid back as others either. I met the other candidates, who really knew their stuff, and had a tour of the educational establishment, as well as a look at the new building.

Afterwards, we each had a little test on using Excel and Word, and Google(!) and other twaddle, and then we had our interviews... which I couldn't help but think I talked too much during, and repeatedly repeated myself myself, but all done now.

One other candidate in particular was right on the button, and internally judging them, I could tell that he would be the sort of person for the job. After we finished, I cheekily asked him for a lift, and got his impressions. I told him that I felt he was the strongest there, so convinced was I that it would be his. He is that good, and was already doing a similar role for less money at another location.

So I get home (about half an hour ago) and the phone rings. Here it comes, the dreaded rejection.

But, lo! What is this?

Why, they only want to give me the bloody job! Hur-fucking-rah! Can I start mid April? Yes! Can we pay you more to work for us? Yes! Can you look after two floors of a brand-spanking new building? Yes!

What's more, I got 100% in that silly test. The only candidate who did. Well, as I said, fuck me.

19 comments:

Kourosism said...

Lan party at that. Two hundred new computers too!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! (But I'll pass on the invitation, if it's all the same!)

Kourosism said...

Arf!

Max said...

Top man!

Anonymous said...

FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!

Anonymous said...

Go you! :)

Simon Goodway said...

Well done!

Anonymous said...

Hurrah!

And there's even a few weeks to go so that tiny bit of you that's going 'ooooowwwwwwwwwww I was going to sit on my ostrich for a bit' can still do it!

Woo! and Yay!

Kourosism said...

Tiny bit? The whole of me, Maris.

I still have to work later this week for XYZ Publishing, which is a bummer. Though is they do treat me like monkey while there, I will tell them where to stick it.

silver horde said...

Congrats!!

Lisa & Adam said...

Well done you!

I only hope I can find as job as quick as that when I qualify. Some hope.

Loretta said...

Fan-bloody-tastic!

Many congrats on your new job!

Can you send some of that good luck my way, please!

NigelH said...

Well, goddamn backwards and forwards! Bloody well done! I don't usually swear, of course.

Paul said...

Yay! Well done matey!

Phil said...

Hoorah, gratz Kouros!!! :]

Kourosism said...

Thanks everyone! You're all too kind!

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

I was going to say "Well, fuck you!" but a) LordH beat me to it, b)it could easily be taken the wrong way and c)I'm don't actually want to actually do that!

So....before I dig this hole any bigger I shall just say "Congratulations!!" and make a swift exit stage right!

Anonymous said...

Whale oil, beef hooked!

Well done, K!

Anonymous said...

Well done Matey!