Wednesday, November 01, 2006

1000!

Yay! 2% and gaining!

Actually, I think this could be doable. I had wanted to write about 2000 words a day, and I still could, but I think I will only just hit target today. Maybe I just haven't got into the swing of it yet.

What I am finding difficulty with is not rereading everything I have already put down. I am painfully aware that while I am happy with the structure, I am not content with the prose itself. I know that I will end up rewriting this, and assuming I hit 50,000 I will eventually need to pull the wordcount down to around 30k - not because of bloat, but simply because it needs tidying up.

If nothing else, this is probably going to be quite an education. And I better go do some proper work now.

2 comments:

Kourosism said...

Woo! I beat the target!

This is going to be a tough month. And I'm not happy with what I'm writing, though I'm delighted I get the chance to go back and change it.

Unknown said...

Good luck, K, and don't go back to edit AT ALL. Trust me. The urge gets *really* bad after a few days. Wait til you've finished the story, then edit at your leisure.
Oh and if you really must change, say, a characters name, use find/replace in Word to do it :)
Keep it up, matey!