Monday, November 27, 2006

Toad in the Hole.

"Good afternoon, XYZ Publ..."

"Yes. I'd like to buy some toads in holes."

"I'm sorry, but we are a publishing company, and do not produce food items."

"Then why was I given your number?"

"I'm afraid I cannot answer that, as I do not know. Who passed the number to you, and I'll be sure to let them know?"

"Where can I buy a toad in a hole?"

"I don't know, sorry."

"Well aren't you going to find out for me?"

"No. Good bye now."

*click*

It's been a long day.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

*sigh* They're out there, unfortunately. The really sad thing is that people like that are often to be found in positions of authority.

Anonymous said...

Mine was:

Me: "Good afternoon, XYZ Veterinary Surgeons"

Caller: "No, you're on the wrong number"

Kourosism said...

Haha! Yes, it's always *your* fault, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

It's worse when I'm calling my parents house and my grandmother answers.

"Hello"

"Hi Grandma it's Rob"

"No, Rob doesn't live here anymore"

and the conversation generally loops from there...