Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Website.

Kouros, you know that website we launched a few months ago?

The one that doesn't actually do anything?

Yes. Well, we think it should actually do something now to build our income with a value-added service.

Oh, good.

And we'd quite like you to look after it.

But... I'm not a web designer...

Yes, well we think it would be a good project management exercise.

OK, that's fine. Does the site have any sort of content management system?

Not really.

Do we have anyone in house who can rewrite the site to encorporate the changes?

No.

Do I have a budget to hire anyone?

No. Can I have your project proposal tomorrow please?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh dear, Kouros. That rings a horribly familiar bell.
I would recommend talking to your HR dept but I daresay XYZ publishing doesn't have one.
You are allowed to say 'no', however.
You can only do a certain job if you're given certain tools. You've been given nowt, so the output can only be nowt. Go on, stick it to the man. I tell you this much: if any sort of disciplinary arises from that, see a lawyer. They'll soon sort it out.

car01 said...

I suppose at least you didn't have to do the project proposal before going home tonight. I'd pack up your desk right now if I were you.

Kourosism said...

I reckon I haven't been given all the info. May not be as bad as I have made out.

Anonymous said...

The worst thing you can do is come up with the results.

I did that once and now I'm seen as a miracle worker, and am expected to work miracles all the time!

Phil said...

LOL, oh well! Good luck... :]

Cecilia said...

haha..this happened to me too! know what you feel!